Frey Science Fair
The Elementary Science Fair is a wonderful way for elementary-aged students to participate in and experience a scientific project. Each science fair project must consist of a student-led scientific investigation (following accepted scientific methods). Six top-place science fair winners from each school will be accepted to the Cobb-Paulding District Science Fair. Science fair coordinators at each school will inform winning students or student groups about their participation in the district science fair.
Event Schedule: TBD
Students will need to turn in:
- A well-made display board that creatively illustrates the question being answered, the hypothesis being tested, the steps and results of the experiment, a conclusion drawn from an analysis, and something to illustrate what was learned from the experiment and project.
- Well documented Logbook / Journal that has all of the steps of the experiment in detail.
- A research journal or book
Tips For Successful Projects
- Use colorful charts and graphs to illustrate your research and experiment
- Select a topic that will result in new insights into a topic
*NOTE: Models of the solar system and volcanos cannot be accepted without an accompanying experiment*
- What is the Scientific Method? – Science Buddies
- Scientific Method Song Video – YouTube
- Education.com – Project Ideas
- Scholastic – Project Ideas
- Parenting.com – Project Ideas